Become a Sponsor
When you sponsor one of our children by donating monthly (from $20 to whatever your heart desires), you cover part of her/his basic needs like food, water, school, doctor visits or whatever he/she needs that month.
We will pair you with a child. You can come visit him/her, send little cards or presents, and above all you will know that you are contributing to their upbringing and future.
Our volunteers teach classes, mentor students, take care of the kids when care givers take the day off and lead extra-curricular activities such as dance, sports, outdoor experience, trade skills and other activities. They help plan events, assist with projects relevant to their skills, and introduce our children to new ideas and cultures.
All volunteers are expected to commit to a minimum one-week stay. Because volunteers make a significant time and energy commitment to our children, City of angels provides all volunteers with on-campus accommodations and meals.
- Fresh food (eggs, bread, meat, fruits and veggies)
- Boxed milk
- Healthy snack bars
- Canned food (tomato sauce, fruits, vegetables, etc)
- New underwear all kids sizes for boys and girls.
- Diapers sizes 4, 5 and 6 (Pampers or Huggies, please)
- New shoes (we can provide a list of sizes)
- Laundry detergent (liquid, any brand)
- Disinfectant Wipes
- Dish soap
- Floor cleaner (“Fabuloso”, bleach, “Pinol”)
- Mops, sponges, dish rags, brooms.
- Shampoos and deodorants
- Disposable razors
- Combs and brushes
- Towels and washcloths
- First aid kits
- Nail clippers
- Hair ties
- Toilet paper
- Toothbrushes and toothpaste
- Tampons, pads, and feminine hygiene products
If you feel like bringing each kid something specific or special please let us know and we can provide you with a list of kids, ages and sizes.
Amazon wish list
Another very practical way to help us is purchasing something from our Amazon wishlist. This way we can keep our pantry flowing and our children’s bellies full.